Healthier cookies…no way! For the next few weeks, I thought I would post a healthy holiday cookie recipe!
CINNAMON SPICED ALMOND SUGAR COOKIES (GRAIN FREE)
2 1/4 cup Cassava Flour (See Notes for other flour options)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup coconut butter (softened)
1 cup coconut sugar
1-2 tbsp honey
almond slivers for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, soften your butters but do not let them melt. Combine in mixing bowl with egg and sugar.
- Beat on low until creamy.
- Keep mixer on low and slowly add in your flour, baking soda/powder, extract, and spices.
- Beat or mix until smooth and then add your honey last.
- Mix again.
- Scoop onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes, then pull out of oven and place almonds on top, when the cookies are more flat.
- Return to oven and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until cookies are golden brown. total baking time will be 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool. Add cinnamon on top if desired.